Essiac tea is a blend of herbs that Northern Canadian Ojibway tribes have used for centuries to help with many ailments. Although there are no clinically proven results showing its effectiveness for diseases, its ingredients, such as sheep sorrel and burdock root, are known to be anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial. Here are the seven potential benefits of Essiac tea that everyone should know.
What is Essiac Tea? Our Essiac tea is a mixture of five different herbs: Burdock Root, Sheep Sorrel, Slippery Elm, Indian Rhubarb, Slippery Elm and Cats Claw Bark.
Discovery of Essiac Tea A Canadian nurse named Rene Caisse discovered the potential health benefits of Essiac tea in 1922 through her contact with Canadian Ojibwa Indian tribes. She popularized and prescribed the tea for various diseases in Ontario’s Bracebridge area, where she ran a clinic until 1977.
7 Potential Benefits of Essiac Tea
1. Fights inflammation Limited study indicates Essiac tea may help reduce inflammation by stimulating the immune system to inhibit toxins causing inflammation-related conditions. So the consumption of Essiac tea might be helpful for those suffering from muscle pains, arthritis, and digestive problems.
2. Has antioxidant properties According to a research abstract published on PubMed, Essiac tea may have antioxidant and DNA-protective properties. In addition, the combination of herbs that form the Essiac tea can be responsible for its antioxidant benefits.
3. Protects against free radicals Free radicals are linked to a range of diseases, including cardiovascular and damage to the DNA. As Essiac tea is believed to have anti-radical properties that reduce oxidative stress in the body, the formulation may help reduce free radical contributing diseases.
4. Has anti-microbial properties Indian Rhubarb, one of the main ingredients of Essiac tea, is known to have anti-microbial properties. In addition, this herb is also believed to improve the immune system and reduce infections.
5. Detoxifies your body Another main component of the Essiac formula is Burdock root, believed to be a natural detoxification herb. Because of its blood purification abilities, the solution may help clean toxins from the bloodstream.
6. Improves skin health According to a study focused on the pharmacological effects of Arctium lappa, one of the herbal ingredients of Essiac tea may improve skin texture by enhancing blood circulation. Moreover, the research indicates that it has many helpful antioxidants and antidiabetic compounds. However, it is not clear whether the Essiac tea formulation consisting of Arctium lappa has the same benefits.
7. Improves immune system Essiac tea is often promoted as an immunity booster due to its anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties. People around the globe use Pure Essiac Liquid Herbal Supplement for its health benefits.
People worldwide use Essiac tea as a natural immunity booster, and many believe that its herbal properties can be effective in many diseases. Although its benefits are yet to be clinically proven, the medical community duly noted its medicinal potentials. That’s why experts recommend that users always consult a doctor before including any new supplement into their diet.